Creating the videos
This is the production of my Kung fury concept. The idea of this is to create a promotional video, promoting a new character that would be a part of the game. This promotional video will have elements of interactivity and will be made in adobe Photoshop and adobe after effects.
I first started off by making a list of the sprites I would need to animate. Also in the list was elements that I would need to make in Photoshop that would be a part of the video.
- Main background
- Death background
- Boss background
- Walk animation
- Gun animation
- Fall animation
- Surprise animation
- Punch animation
- Arcade animation
- Idle animation
I would highlight what I had not started, what I’m in the middle of and what I had finished, in colours. So red showed that I hadn’t started the element, orange/yellow showed I was in the middle of producing it, and green showed that the element was complete. For the elements and the background, I would also need to size up the pixel drawn images so I had to calculate the images size and animations. Meaning That I would have to figure out what would be ¼ of that image/ animation.
Upscaled: 1592×896 = x4
Video: 900P (1600×900) 25 FPS
Rendering: H.264 (MP4)
To start off, I created a canvas that was 1194 pixels by 224 pixels in Photoshop. This was because I needed the background to scroll from left to right in after effects. I would then change the brush into a 1 pixel by 1 pixel pencil, I will also do the same thing to the eraser. Then using the pencil, I would make a plan sketch that I would draw over.
For my walls, I made them so they were a seamless texture, that way I was able to copy and paste the same tile without having to draw out all the individual blocks. Using certain colours that would connect with the colour palette. I drew out the 3 backgrounds, insuring that all free of them looked like they were a part of the same area.
Using the layers system, I would do the lines first, then add colour under the lines. I was even able to break up the line work in case I needed to move certain parts. I was also able to draw elements for the animation into the same canvas to ensure they fit. I would then copying and paste them elements into a new canvas to green screen them and turn them into sized up images.
Also using the background, I was able to calculate what size canvas I would need for the animated sprites. I ended up with a 200 by 200 pixel canvas that I used for the animated elements, I used a 400 by 400 pixel canvas for the up close shots.